Dear Players and Parents
Following advice from UK Government & guidance from the LTA, we are now able to open the club on a restricted basis. Please read the attached Guidance For Tennis Players & our attached revised Club procedures to facilitate this.
· Play on outdoor courts only from Thursday 14th May at 10 am. Courts must be pre-booked by calling 01246 238798 during opening hours only. Initially booking available from Wednesday 13th May (tomorrow) 10 am -4 pm.
· Opening hours are Monday –Friday 10am -8pm & Saturday/Sunday 10-4pm
· Members can book up to 7 days in advance & non-members may only book on the day. Please do not expect to turn up & play, as we are strictly managing the numbers of people on site. You will be asked for the names & contact details of all players on your court, for tracing purposes.
· Singles play only or doubles if all 4 players are from the same household
· There will be no social tennis in this initial period
· Spectating will be actively discouraged
· Clubhouse will remain shut however you will be able to wash your hands & use the toilets.
Please be aware the club has strict 2-metre social distancing measures in order to ensure the safety of staff & members alike. If you have your own hand sanitiser please bring this with you, however, we do have sanitiser stations around the club for additional protection.
Tennis Chesterfield Coaching Programme
We are going to introduce coaching in a phased manner so that we can get people back on the court playing the game we enjoy in a responsible and safe manner.
At this stage, we are not able to offer group coaching and therefore everyone will still have their 2 weeks of group coaching from the Spring frozen. As soon as we are able to resume, all players who have pre-paid will receive their allocated sessions.
Coaching will initially be available in a strictly one to one basis from Thursday but ONLY with either Charlie Pick or Jonny Brooke. The cost of the lesson will be £20.00 and be 55 minutes in length. To book -please call 07787419407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Following booking, full guidance will be emailed to the player outlining the “expectations for both coach and player”.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.